The algorithmic expert
"I have a passion for contributing to products that help improve medical care."
Christian Hoffmann brings his expertise to the Medical Applications team at Method Park. As a Senior Software Engineer, he specializes in algorithm development for computed tomography. He supports, tests, and integrates algorithms for the post-processing of CT images to help physicians diagnose cardiovascular diseases.
Christian Hoffmann sees great potential for machine learning approaches in this topic and medical devices in general. Algorithms play a decisive role in machine learning - reason enough for Christian Hoffmann to be passionate about ML and to lead the Method Park hands-on workshops about machine learning.
With medical devices, Christian Hoffmann operates in a highly regulated environment where projects are usually complex and international. Working with culturally diverse teams, spread over several locations worldwide, has shaped his sense of high-quality code. He passes on his expertise in software quality and software craftsmanship in courses on Clean Code, Refactoring, and Legacy Code.
The exchange of knowledge in general: Christian Hoffmann not only leads courses but also supervises student projects at the Nuremberg University of Technology, organizes events such as the Software Engineering Camp or the Global Day of Code Retreat, gives lectures, and writes articles for specialist journals.
- ASQF Certified Professional for Project Management - Foundation Level
- Certified SAFe® 4 Agilist, Certified SAFe® 5 Agilist
- IREB Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering - Foundation Level
- iCPMSB Certified Professional for Medical Software - Foundation Level
- iSAQB Certified Professional for Software Architecture - Foundation Level
He leads the following course:
- Machine Learning Hands-On Workshop